Monday, November 14, 2016

It's Gone Be Alright



I believe that I am overdue for a Blog post. I think it is important for me to talk about all the recent things that have happened in the past couple of days. By this I mean that I should talk about the election of Donald Trump in the oval office. Do not worry I am not here to talk badly about America or how much I either like or dislike Trump but I just wanted to let everyone that no matter what happens it’s going to be alright. While at first I was terrified by the election I have been able to find a mental space that I am able to make actual make smart non-emotional decisions. 
After seeing the reaction that many of the other Americans were having and talking to my professor, I realized that both the Democratic and Republican sides of the congress are somehow afraid of each other, how this came about no one can really say. I truly think this is a time of reconstruction for many different things. We have become aware of the ignorance in the world and it is up to us to spread knowledge and love that needs to be spread. Many people say that we need to be united as a people but how do you do that when there are many different people attack what you believe in on both sides? I am a true believer in open dialog but we also have to be able to surround ourselves with people from different circles and walks of life. This is the only way that we will know what is going on all over. Even if we do not agree with certain things does not mean that we cannot respect their right to say or express how they feel. 
We have to learn how to see more than just our own angle of things and I am the main culprit. I have been looking for more and more opportunities to be open to other ways of solving problems. We all have to take it one situation at a time, then and only then will we be able to truly understand each other. 
The picture I have included really spoke to me, in the sense that there is a balance to everything and what ever is thrown our way we will have to be able to continue fighting the fight we have been fighting most of our history. We can do anything when we are working together and have a clear vision. 
I can start to see how I am changing as a person here and I can say that it is for the better. 

Come on London!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment