Monday, November 7, 2016

The GLOBE

      Last week was my debut performance at Shakespeare's Globe theater!!!!! It was truly amazing; it was also the wrap up of the course as a whole which was really cool.  I really enjoyed the whole module with all the different types of professors we had. It was an eye-opening experience that has revitalized me as a performer. I feel as if I could freely practice my craft, learn and grow from it. I didn't have to worry about the stress of exams or having to prove that I belong in my major. 

The Globe also introduced me to some new aspects of a company that as an actor I could work in, also the opportunity to hear from and meet other people who work at the Globe and who have performed on the stage before.
This picture is from the tour that we got off the stage and area, we could go through every part of the Globe stage and take pictures. It was one of the coolest things in the world, being able to hear about the history of such a historical place and learn about the different rituals done before shows. We even got to see the basement where they keep the costumes and I got the opportunity to try one something made from scratch and worn by my acting professor. If you look close you can see there is a little red spot by my left arm, it's a blood stain from an accident on the stage when Jimmy was performing. The actor opposite him stabbed him in the hand on accident and they had to rush him to the hospital. 

 It's been great performing, but with the extra time I will enjoy being able to travel to other countries and have a bit more time to do things like make blog posts and to be able to rest more. That will be fun, be expecting more post for me, stay tuned. 

Come On London!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment